NTFS and SHARE permissions in windows xp, 7 & server 2003/2008 RRS feed

• 問題

• The first problem.  Inside a same forest domain. In Windows xp, 7 & Server 2003/2008. I share a folder call "NTFStest" in D: and set everyone have allow READ, CHANGE permissions in SHARE permissions, NTFS permissions in  "NTFStest" set to Administrators - allow full control, administrator(domain admins) - allow full control, SYSTEM - allow full control. Then add a file "NTFSfile" to this folder and set NTFS  permissions to no inheritable, Administrators - deny full control, Peter(A domain admins) - deny full control.

After that in D:\NTFStest, administrator cannot read/write and delete the file "NTFSfile". But in\\127.0.0.1\NTFStest administrator cannot read/write but can delete the file "NTFSfile". Is that the result right in this setting?

The second problem. In windows server 2003 r2 x32&x64(doesn't join domain). I create a user "peter". Peter logon to server and create a folder "NTFStest" on his desktop(Path:C:\Documents and Settings\peter\Desktop\NTFStest). The NTFS  permissions setting is Administrators Group - allow full control, SYSTEM - allow full control, Peter - allow full control. Then a user use Built-in administrator account logon server and create a file in Peter's folder "NTFStest"(Path:C:\Documents and Settings\peter\Desktop\NTFStest). Then set the file NTFS permissions to Administrators Group - allow full control, Peter - deny full control.

After that Peter logon to server again and in his folder have list the file create by administrator, he can't read/write this file but he can delete the file. Is that the result right in this setting?

2012年8月22日 上午 10:22

解答

• Dear Customer,

Access to a folder on a file server can be determined through two sets of permission entries. I therefore would like to provide the following information for your reference:

Share and NTFS Permissions on a File Server

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc754178.aspx

I hope this helps. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let me know. I am happy to be of further assistance. Thank you for your time and cooperation!

Sincerely,
    Tom Zhang

如果您对我们的论坛在线支持服务有任何的意见或建议,请通过邮件告诉我们。
    Description: Description: TechNet 论坛好帮手立刻免费下载  TechNet 论坛好帮手

2012年8月24日 上午 01:55
    版主