none
Undeliverable: Delivery Status Notification (Failure) RRS feed

• 問題

• Hi everybody,

I am using Exchange 2003 Enterprise. Recently I received some NDR occasionally as the following:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: FW: testing

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

ABC on 9/4/09 15:30
                The e-mail address could not be found.  Perhaps the recipient moved to a different e-mail organization, or there was a mistake in the address.  Check the address and try again.
                <"domain name" #5.1.0>

ABC is one of users with email address exists in AD. When open the NDR then click Send Message Again, Outlook 2003 shows me the following message:

Unable to resend this message. The nondelivery report does not contain sufficient information about the original message. To resend the message, open it in your Sent Items folder, click the Actions menu, and then click Resend This Message.

This can be solved by re-send the message by the original sender. The point is how I can make this not happen for future.

2009年4月14日 上午 07:38

解答

• Hi Helloworld,

Do the sender and recipient belong to the same Exchange server or not?

You should open the e-mail in your Sent Items folder, click the Actions menu, and then click Resend This Message.

Do not open the NDR then click Send Message Again, Outlook 2003 shows me the following message. This is not right method.

Numeric Code: 5.1.0

Possible Cause: This code indicates a general categorizer-based failure (bad address failure). An e-mail address or other attribute could not be found in the directory. This issue may occur if contact entries do not have the targetAddress attribute set. This issue occurs most frequently when MDAccess receives "object not found" errors from DSAccess when the Categorizer is doing the homeMDB lookup on a user.

This issue also occurs if you used Microsoft Outlook to save your e-mail message as a file and someone opens and replies to this message offline. The message property only preserves the legacyExchangeDN when Outlook delivers the message. Therefore, the homeMDB lookup may fail.

Troubleshooting: Verify the recipient address and resend the message. Verify that the recipient address is formatted correctly and that the categorizer was able to correctly resolve the recipient.

For how to prevent this issue happening, you should make sure the recipient’s address is correct, and you can access it from your Global Address list in Outlook.

Rock Wang

Rock Wang– MSFT
    2009年4月15日 上午 02:47
    版主

所有回覆

• Hi Helloworld,

Do the sender and recipient belong to the same Exchange server or not?

You should open the e-mail in your Sent Items folder, click the Actions menu, and then click Resend This Message.

Do not open the NDR then click Send Message Again, Outlook 2003 shows me the following message. This is not right method.

Numeric Code: 5.1.0

Possible Cause: This code indicates a general categorizer-based failure (bad address failure). An e-mail address or other attribute could not be found in the directory. This issue may occur if contact entries do not have the targetAddress attribute set. This issue occurs most frequently when MDAccess receives "object not found" errors from DSAccess when the Categorizer is doing the homeMDB lookup on a user.

This issue also occurs if you used Microsoft Outlook to save your e-mail message as a file and someone opens and replies to this message offline. The message property only preserves the legacyExchangeDN when Outlook delivers the message. Therefore, the homeMDB lookup may fail.

Troubleshooting: Verify the recipient address and resend the message. Verify that the recipient address is formatted correctly and that the categorizer was able to correctly resolve the recipient.

For how to prevent this issue happening, you should make sure the recipient’s address is correct, and you can access it from your Global Address list in Outlook.

Rock Wang

Rock Wang– MSFT
    2009年4月15日 上午 02:47
    版主
  • Hi Rock,

I think this is problem of Symantec Mail Security. Thanks for your reply.

2009年4月15日 上午 09:19
  • Hi Helloworld,

If you suspect the issue is connected to Symantec Mail Security, you can temporarily disable it and check the effect.

Rock Wang

Rock Wang– MSFT
    2009年4月16日 上午 09:16
    版主