none
configure direct push on a single exchange 2003 server for iphone with SSL RRS feed

解答

• Hi Tony,

When you try to access a Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 computer by using Microsoft Office Outlook Mobile Access or Exchange ActiveSync, you may experience connection or synchronization problems. These issues can occur if either of the following conditions is true:

·         The Exchange virtual directory on an Exchange back-end server is configured to require SSL.

·         Forms-based authentication is enabled.

From the words above, we know that if you didn’t meet either of the conditions above, you don’t need to create second Exchange virtual directory.

In general, if you using ActiveSync or OMA without using SSL, and you don’t enable Forms-based authentication, you don’t need to create the extra virtual directory for IPhone connection.

Rock Wang

Rock Wang– MSFT
    2009年5月7日 上午 06:22
    版主

所有回覆

• Hi tonycd,

Please post your error code into the forum for analyze.

Yes, it is the only way to create the extra virtual dir for SSL for the Single Exchange server.

Also, you can install another Exchange server to act as a front end server.

Rock Wang

Rock Wang– MSFT
    2009年5月6日 上午 07:57
    版主
  • Hi Rock

Thanks. It is very hard to add one more server as it is not a free software. Right.

is that easier if i give up the ssl config. please let me know . Thanks

I m trying to capture the error for your information. Thanks

Tony

2009年5月6日 上午 08:13
  • Hi RocK

I have one more question. If i m using activesync or oma without using SSL. Should i have to create the extra virtual directory for iphone connection. Thanks again

Tony
    2009年5月6日 上午 09:32
  • Hi Tony,

When you try to access a Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 computer by using Microsoft Office Outlook Mobile Access or Exchange ActiveSync, you may experience connection or synchronization problems. These issues can occur if either of the following conditions is true:

·         The Exchange virtual directory on an Exchange back-end server is configured to require SSL.

·         Forms-based authentication is enabled.

From the words above, we know that if you didn’t meet either of the conditions above, you don’t need to create second Exchange virtual directory.

In general, if you using ActiveSync or OMA without using SSL, and you don’t enable Forms-based authentication, you don’t need to create the extra virtual directory for IPhone connection.

Rock Wang

Rock Wang– MSFT
    2009年5月7日 上午 06:22
    版主
  • Hi Rock

Would i only enable the SSL service at "OWA" but not on the "OMA" or "exchage activesync on the same server".
    and it is too risky if i disable the SSL at OWA and that is the reason why i doubt it .

Thanks for your help again.

Regards

Tony

2009年5月7日 上午 09:03
  • Hi Tony,

Let me explain more clearly, if you only enable the SSL service at "OWA" , In fact that the Exchange virtual directory on an Exchange back-end server is configured to require SSL.

It meets the following condition 1:

1.       The Exchange virtual directory on an Exchange back-end server is configured to require SSL.

2.       Forms-based authentication is enabled.

If you do that, you need a front end server or need to create a secondary Exchange virtual directory.

Rock Wang

Rock Wang– MSFT
    2009年5月7日 上午 09:46
    版主
  • Hi Rock

Thanks. I guess I can enable/disable the ssl cert by each virtual directory. like
    http://mydomain/exchange
    http://mydomain/owa
    http://mydomain/oma
    etc

.If not . I will follow the instrustion as i mentioned at first message.
    Thanks for your help.

regards
    tony
    2009年5月8日 上午 08:34
  • Hi Tony,

You can disable/enable SSL on by each virtual directory. However, if you meet the following conditions, you still need a front end Exchange server or create a new Exchange virtual directory.

1.       The Exchange virtual directory on an Exchange back-end server is configured to require SSL.

2.       Forms-based authentication is enabled.

For 1 condition, it means you enable SSL on Exchange virtual directory.

You can disable SSL on Exchange virtual directory, so that you don’t need to follow the instruction in KB 817379.

Rock Wang

Rock Wang– MSFT
    2009年5月8日 上午 11:48
    版主
  • Hi Rock

Thanks. Same questions , do you means i can't disable/enable ssl on each virtual directory on a combined server (the condition 1), except i setup a front end or virtual directory for oma. My point is ssl must enable on OWA and ssl could on/off on OMA(for iphone). Thanks again

regards
    Tony
    2009年5月11日 上午 07:43
  • Hi Tony,

Your point is SSL must enable on OWA and SSL could on/off on OMA(for iphone).

If you enable SSL on OWA(Exchange virtual directory), since you only have one Exchange server, you will following the steps mentioned in the following KB.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817379

Only when you complete the steps mentioned in the KB 817379 above, your ActiveSync and Outlook Mobile Access can work.

Of course, you can disable or enable SSL on ActiveSync virtual directory.

Rock Wang

Rock Wang– MSFT
    2009年5月11日 上午 08:54
    版主
  • Hi Rock

Just one more question. Would OMA work if i only disable SSL without doing kb817379 (i don;t mind if no ssl on OMA), by the way OWA for SSL is still on. Thanks again.

regards
    Tony
    2009年5月11日 上午 09:18
  • Hi Rock

i just ready confused why did you tell me to disable or enable SSL on activsync virtual directory if the oma doesn't work at last.

Thanks for your help.

regards

Tony

2009年5月11日 上午 09:24
  • Hi Tony,

Let me explain again. If you meet the following conditions, you should perform the steps mentioned the KB 817379.

2.       Forms-based authentication is enabled.

Since you don’t care OMA, however you care OWA and  OWA for SSL is still on, that is the point. It meet the first condition, you should follow KB817379. Only when you perform these steps, you can disable or enable SSL on ActiveSync or OMA virtual directory.

Rock Wang

Rock Wang– MSFT
    2009年5月12日 上午 08:09
    版主
  • Hi Rock

Will try and thanks for your help.

2009年5月13日 上午 08:23