Terminal Services on Server 2008 RRS feed

• 問題

• I tried a remoteApp on the Server2008 and its running fine in Intranet.  But it had error when using TS Web Access via internat.  It display  the Web Access pages and list my App.  But When I click the icon, it shows something like 'cannot find the remote computer, please contact Administrator'

I am using the Trial Version for Server2008 and no License for the TS.  Is it the reason?

Please Help!

2008年11月8日 下午 04:33

解答

• Dear Customer,

Based on my research, The user can run the application in RemoteApp in the LAN, but now from the Internet. The reason is the application is trying to connect back to the machine by its full hostname. Its full hostname is a Microsoft domain name, but not an internet fully qualified domain name. If you map the real internet address to the Microsoft domain name in your local hosts file, then you can run the application in RemoteApp without problem.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know. I will be glad to help.

I look forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Tom Zhang

2008年11月25日 上午 03:14
    版主

所有回覆

• Dear Customer,

Thank you for your post.

From the information you provided it is hard to know what caused your problem, please take a screen shot and send it to me.

---------------------

1. Press the Pr Scrn key once on the keyboard when the error message appears.

2. Click Start, go to Run, enter MSPAINT in the open dialog box, and then Click OK.

3. Use Ctrl + V to paste the screenshot to the canvas.

4. From the File menu, go to Save and save it as a JPG file.

5. Send the JPG file to me as an attachment.

My mailbox: v-tozhan@microsoft.com

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely

Tom Zhang

2008年11月10日 上午 09:39
    版主
  • Hi Tom,

Have sent you the screen shot.  Please check.

Thanks

Bevis

2008年11月11日 上午 02:53
  • Do you have any other public site to host your file, i would like to have a look in order to help you too.

2008年11月11日 上午 02:58
  • Hi KenLin

Do you want to access the Server ?  If yes, please leave me your email so that I can send you the IP as well as the user name and password.

Bevis

2008年11月11日 上午 03:21
  • No, just screen shot is fine.

2008年11月12日 上午 10:04
  • Please checkout this link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xsqsx4

Rgds,

Bevis

2008年11月12日 下午 02:47
  • Dear Customer,

Based on my research, The user can run the application in RemoteApp in the LAN, but now from the Internet. The reason is the application is trying to connect back to the machine by its full hostname. Its full hostname is a Microsoft domain name, but not an internet fully qualified domain name. If you map the real internet address to the Microsoft domain name in your local hosts file, then you can run the application in RemoteApp without problem.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know. I will be glad to help.

I look forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Tom Zhang

2008年11月25日 上午 03:14
    版主
  • Hi Tom,

Do you meant that I need to add the entry in local host file like :

100.100.100.100  server2008

which 100.100.100.100 is the real ip

and server2008 is the computer name

I have tried to create the rdp and modify the entries like below and works fine :

gatewayusagemethod:i:2
    gatewayprofileusagemethod:i:1
    gatewaycredentialssource:i:0
    full addressTongue TiedSadreal ip address here)

Since sending the rdp to users is not a good solution,so still want to use the TS Web function

tks

2008年12月6日 下午 04:58