Server 2003 upgrade to BDC problem RRS feed

• 問題

• Hello, All

Question 1
    my network DC is running server2003(PDC) and Server2000(BDC), Now i have new server is running server 2003, when i want to add this new server to BDC, it will promt this message:

The operation failed because: The Active Directory Installation Wizard was unable to convert the computer account XXXXXX$ to a domain controller account.  "Access is denied."

But i try to use the Domain admin and enterprise admin account is cannot fix this problem, could anyone can tell us how to fix it?

Question 2
    When i add the new user on the PDC AD user and computer, it cannot sync the user to the BDC, it mean on BDC is not show this new user, but if on BDC add the new user account, it can sync to PDC, could anyone help to fix it or suggest any test for us? thank you for all
    tomcruise881903
    2009年4月30日 上午 01:35

解答

• Dear Customer,

It seems that these two questions are unrelated.  Please understand that our forum is an issue based service, meaning we usually respond to one question/issue per post.  This will lessen the confusion for both of us, as well as ensure that our results are accurate and not a result of a test for a different question.  Therefore, I will work with you on the first question in this post.  Regarding the additional question(s), please open a new post so that the dedicated MS engineer can help you on it in a more efficient manner.

Based on my research, to resolve this problem, please use an account in the Administrators group, or add the appropriate account to the Administrators group.

Please refer to the following article:

When you run Dcpromo.exe to create a replica domain controller, you receive the "Failed to modify the necessary properties for the machine account. Access is denied" error message
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=232070

If there are any concerns
    and questions on the above, please feel free to let me know.

Sincerely,

Tom Zhang

Tom Zhang – MSFT
    2009年4月30日 上午 07:25
    版主

所有回覆

• Dear Customer,

It seems that these two questions are unrelated.  Please understand that our forum is an issue based service, meaning we usually respond to one question/issue per post.  This will lessen the confusion for both of us, as well as ensure that our results are accurate and not a result of a test for a different question.  Therefore, I will work with you on the first question in this post.  Regarding the additional question(s), please open a new post so that the dedicated MS engineer can help you on it in a more efficient manner.

Based on my research, to resolve this problem, please use an account in the Administrators group, or add the appropriate account to the Administrators group.

Please refer to the following article:

When you run Dcpromo.exe to create a replica domain controller, you receive the "Failed to modify the necessary properties for the machine account. Access is denied" error message
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=232070

If there are any concerns
    and questions on the above, please feel free to let me know.

Sincerely,

Tom Zhang

Tom Zhang – MSFT
    2009年4月30日 上午 07:25
    版主
  • Hello Tom

Confirm the user is on the administrators group , and depend this solution is doesn't  work, could you provide other solution for us? thank you.
    tomcruise881903
    2009年5月4日 下午 04:22