none
Outlook 2003 - Backup Error RRS feed

• 問題

•  

Hi .

I installed outlook 2003 addin for backup , but it comes the following error and it wil stop the backup process. Please advise any work around it can be resolve.

"cannot copy outlook: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file"

Thanks.

2008年12月5日 上午 08:47

解答

• Hi, Gilbert Tong,

Would you clarify that you are going to backup Exchange Mailbox or POP3 personal folder.

I think you have this error because you are going to backup Exchange Mailbox using that add-on.  If you want to backup individual Exchange Mailbox, you may need to use some backup software, e.g. Veritas Backu Exec for Exchange (it is Symantec product now.)

Hope it can help. 

2009年1月7日 下午 12:49

所有回覆

•  

Hi Gilbert

Have you try to disable the anti-virus/anti-spam/fax software when you try to run the backup addin? If not, may be it is worth to try to disable it.

Do you have any other addin which is running, when you are running the backup addin?

If so, may be you can try to disable it and try to see if it will work.

Have you got any synchronization software/PDA/Smartphone software which may be using outlook as well, if so, could you try to disable it as well.

Which protocol does your outlook use? IMAP/POP3...etc?

Hope it can help.

2008年12月11日 上午 04:07
  • Hi, Gilbert Tong,

Would you clarify that you are going to backup Exchange Mailbox or POP3 personal folder.

I think you have this error because you are going to backup Exchange Mailbox using that add-on.  If you want to backup individual Exchange Mailbox, you may need to use some backup software, e.g. Veritas Backu Exec for Exchange (it is Symantec product now.)

Hope it can help. 

2009年1月7日 下午 12:49