remote desktop problem RRS feed

• 問題

•  

Dear all

I have windows 2k3 server and using remote desktop to let outdoor user connect it . Last day , Some user tell me  cannot connect by outdoor pc and i find out at terminal service configurations the setting disappear . I try to create new one connection when the last step i find transport type have nothing . As my know this type should have tcp and seach web page result said that should be tcp type . I try uninstall TS and remote desktop but the result is same as before .

Do any one have ideal about this problem ? I try to use sfc to scan but is same as . What should i do ?

Thanks
    2008年9月9日 上午 05:21

解答

• Dear Customer,

Based on my research, there are a number of different reasons why you might encounter this error message. Please refer to the following steps to narrow down the root cause of this issue.

Step I: I would like to confirm with you the steps to disable the Windows Firewall:

-------------------------------------------

1. Click Start, click Run, type firewall.cpl, and then click OK.

2. Click to select off to disable the Windows Firewall.

If there is any third-party firewall software, please also disable it for a test. You may also add the Remote Desktop to the Windows Firewall exception instead of disabling it.

Step II: Verify network connectivity.

-------------------------------------------------

Please use the Ping command to ping both the computer name and the IP address of this computer from other computers. Verify the computer name can be resolved to IP address correctly.

Step III: Verify the Terminal Services service is start.

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. Verify the Startup Type of Terminal Services service is Automatic or Manual, the Status is Started.

Step IIII: Try to use another remote desktop client connect terminal server.

If the error still occurs, please send me a screenshot of the exact error message when you use Remote Desktop Client. Please check the error message in system log and application log, and post it to our newsgroup

Hope this helps.

Sincerely

Tom Zhang

2008年9月18日 上午 06:23
    版主

所有回覆

• Dear Customer,

Based on my research, there are a number of different reasons why you might encounter this error message. Please refer to the following steps to narrow down the root cause of this issue.

Step I: I would like to confirm with you the steps to disable the Windows Firewall:

-------------------------------------------

1. Click Start, click Run, type firewall.cpl, and then click OK.

2. Click to select off to disable the Windows Firewall.

If there is any third-party firewall software, please also disable it for a test. You may also add the Remote Desktop to the Windows Firewall exception instead of disabling it.

Step II: Verify network connectivity.

Please use the Ping command to ping both the computer name and the IP address of this computer from other computers. Verify the computer name can be resolved to IP address correctly.

Step III: Verify the Terminal Services service is start.

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. Verify the Startup Type of Terminal Services service is Automatic or Manual, the Status is Started.

Step IIII: Try to use another remote desktop client connect terminal server.

If the error still occurs, please send me a screenshot of the exact error message when you use Remote Desktop Client. Please check the error message in system log and application log, and post it to our newsgroup

Hope this helps.

Sincerely

Tom Zhang

2008年9月18日 上午 06:23
    版主
  • Dear Customer,

I just wanted to say hi, and to see how things are going. I haven't heard back from you yet and I was wondering if there are any updates on the service request.

Thanks.

Sincerely,
    Tom Zhang

2008年9月22日 上午 05:17
    版主
  • Hi Tom

I have follow your suggest to do but the problem is a live . I use client pc connect server again but the client is chinese hope  you can understand what problem . The error message is 這部電腦無法連線到端電腦。請再次嘗試連線。如果繼續發生問題,請連絡遠端電腦的擁有者或您的網路系統管理員。

I have check the server but i cannot find any error message about it . Can you tell me where can i find . In this time , i try to use other remote software to help to connect the server . If have any other new suggestion please tell me as soon as possible .Thanks 

2008年9月22日 上午 10:02
  • HI,

i would suggest using telnet the terminal port to the find out the cause of which parts failure then go ahead to fix it.

if you can ping the computer, can you telnet the port 3389 to the target server & Please try to telnet the 3389 on the server locally.

If you can only telnet the 3389 on the server locally, it would be relate to the network issues. maybe firewall block the 3389 traffic.

If you cannot telnet the 3389 on the server & clients, the problem would relate to the target server setting of the Terminal services.  

2008年9月25日 上午 01:32
  • Dear Customer,

I agree with Chaub’s suggestion.

If there is anything unclear, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely

Tom Zhang

2008年9月26日 上午 10:07
    版主