none
Remote registry for an excusive AD Group RRS feed

• 問題

• Hi,

Is it possible to activate remote registry on all machines but only a specific AD Group to use it?

2021年10月22日 上午 07:20

所有回覆

• What exactly do you mean by "specific AD Group"?
    • 已提議為解答 VASBHI 2022年2月3日 上午 07:12
    • 已取消提議為解答 VASBHI 2022年2月3日 上午 07:12
    • 已提議為解答 90S Outfits 2022年6月1日 上午 01:38
    2021年10月28日 下午 03:58
  • Thanks for posting your query to the forum. I did review your requirement and it seems you wanted to enable the remote registry services on multiple client workstations(Domain joined) and also need to restrict the settings to a specific AD group.

So as this is a two step requirement, (Enabling the remote registry and to specific AD group), here are the two parts solution:

a-We can achieve the activating remote registry using the group policy using the below mentioned settings:

1. Open the Group Policy editor.
    2. Navigate to, Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Policies > Windows Settings > Security Settings > System Services.
    3. In the right hand pane locate Remote Registry.
    4. Define the policy, and set the Startup type to Automatic.

b-We can make use of Security filtering and only add those computer accounts and the specific group/user to which we wanted to apply the above settings.

For more information, refer to the steps mentioned in the below link.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/windows-firewall/assign-security-group-filters-to-the-gpo

Hope the above information helps to fulfill your requirement.

2022年2月2日 上午 10:34
  • How do I enable remote registry in Group Policy?

2022年5月2日 上午 06:37
  • How do I enable remote registry in group policy?
    2022年5月14日 上午 10:05
  • How do I enable remote registry in group policy?
    2022年5月15日 下午 06:45
  • I can't access the Group Policy Editor. Do you have a solution ?
    • 已提議為解答 Fradulentus 2022年5月17日 上午 02:34
    2022年5月16日 下午 03:02
  • Is it necessary to access the group policy ? 
    2022年5月20日 下午 12:12
  • Привет (-:
    2022年6月6日 下午 09:30
  • I assume you're using Windows 11 on your computer. If you are, the way to access the Group Policy Editor is simple. If you go into the search menu, there should be some type of search bar in the opened window. Type "edit group policy" into that space and there should be an option that lets you open it. Click on it and the policy editor should open. Now you should be free to make any changes you please. There are a few other ways to access the policy editor, but I find this way to be the quickest. I hope you find this useful, Laurie_Makston. 
    2022年6月6日 下午 10:27
  • Laurie_Makston, you can open Group Policy Editor on Windows 11 by using File Explorer. You can find it at the bottom of your screen—where the taskbar is. Open it. Once it's running, put "gpedit.msc" into the search bar above all the icons. Press Enter and Group Policy Editor will open for you. This is a quick, easy, and efficient way to get to GPE. If you want another way to open File Explorer that's even faster than searching for its icon, hold down "Windows" and "E" on your keyboard. 
    • 已編輯 Ryan M. 12 2022年6月6日 下午 11:04
    2022年6月6日 下午 11:03
  • If you wanted to apply group policy to a set of computers in the domain, you should have domain admin/delegated access to group policy is needed.

If you are planning to apply policy only to one or two systems, you can login to those systems using local admin account and in the run type gpedit.msc. In this way you can access group policy.

2022年6月25日 下午 05:12
  • If you wanted to enable remote registry for a very few systems, you doesn't need any group policy. In the respective system, open services.msc, set the remote registry to automatic.
    2022年6月25日 下午 05:15