Windows 2000 "Open file" dialog box RRS feed

• 問題

•  

Say, for example, when printing a document to Adobe, and Adobe prompts the user for a location to save the file, when the user selects a directory that has a lot of files, it takes a minute or so for the thousands of files to be displayed. This is the case on some of my computers (all operating on Win 2k SP-4). On a few computers, the listing of the files in these larger directories is immediate. What controls this or expedites it?
    2008年9月14日 下午 03:43

解答

• Dear Customer,

At this point, I just would like to collect some detailed information to make the whole issue more clearly:

1. What’s the actual environment you used, including the OS, Service Pack on Server and client?
    2. Does this issue happen on all the computers or only one specific computer? Do you make any changes such as install server SP before this issue happen?
    3. Does this issue happen on all the files including the new file or only one specific file?
    4. Did you receive any error message? If so, please send the screen shot of the error message to us. (v-tozhan@microsoft.com)

And, as this issue may be a little complex, we would like to do the following trouble shooting steps first to narrow down this issue:

1. Disable third-party AV
    ----
    Some third-party AV may cause conflict with the Office Save action. Please temporary disable the AV program such as Norton on the Server, disable the AV services to test this issue.

If there is any update about this issue, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Sincerely,

Tom Zhang, MCSE 2003

2008年9月15日 上午 10:03
    版主

所有回覆

• Hi Twilson

Does all of your computer have the same specification?
    E.G. Same amout of CPU/RAM/HDD Speed/ OS version?
    Are you trying yo Load the dialog box on a network drive? or just Local HDD like C:\

Which View mode did you use to display the files?
    E.G. Details, Title, Lists, Icon ...etc
    2008年9月15日 上午 07:31
  • Dear Customer,

At this point, I just would like to collect some detailed information to make the whole issue more clearly:

1. What’s the actual environment you used, including the OS, Service Pack on Server and client?
    2. Does this issue happen on all the computers or only one specific computer? Do you make any changes such as install server SP before this issue happen?
    3. Does this issue happen on all the files including the new file or only one specific file?
    4. Did you receive any error message? If so, please send the screen shot of the error message to us. (v-tozhan@microsoft.com)

And, as this issue may be a little complex, we would like to do the following trouble shooting steps first to narrow down this issue:

1. Disable third-party AV
    ----
    Some third-party AV may cause conflict with the Office Save action. Please temporary disable the AV program such as Norton on the Server, disable the AV services to test this issue.

If there is any update about this issue, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Sincerely,

Tom Zhang, MCSE 2003

2008年9月15日 上午 10:03
    版主
  • Dear Customer,

I just wanted to say hi, and to see how things are going. I haven't heard back from you yet and I was wondering if there are any updates on the service request.

Thanks.

Sincerely

Tom Zhang

2008年9月18日 上午 02:00
    版主