none
System Center Essentials 2007 RRS feed

• 問題

• I currently evaluating SCE in our domain. Unfortunately the testing server was down so that I tried to setup another testing server to install the SCE again. However, when I started to install the SCE, it said there is an existing SCE in the domain and forbid me to install.

In fact the SCE was in the previous testing server and the server was down and everything has gone. Any suggestion that how I can fix this problem?

Thanks a lot!

2008年6月19日 上午 07:08

解答

•  

This happens if the SCE Service Connection Point (SCP) exists in Active Directory.  This is created during setup and is located under the computer account that SCE was installed on....the SCP should be removed when the product is uninstalled.  To remove the SCE SCP manually, you must use ADSIEdit, which is installed with the Windows Support Tools.

1. On the Domain Controller, open ADSI Edit (Start – Run – Adsiedit.msc).

2. Right click on the “Domain” tree and select New – Query.

3. In the New Query window, enter the following:

Name: SCESCP Query
    Root of Search: <domain name>
    Query String: (&(objectCategory=serviceConnectionPoint)(cn=SCESCP))

4. Click on OK.

5. Expand the Domain node in ADSI Edit and select the “SCESCP Query” node.

6. A “CN=SCESCP” object should be listed in the right-hand pane, with a distinguished name of “CN=SCESCP,CN=<ComputerName>,CN=<OUName>,DC=<DomainName>,DC=com”.  This tells us which computer account has the SCE SCP.

7. After confirming that System Center Essentials is not being used on this server, delete the SCESCP object from the “SCESCP Query” node in ADSI Edit.

Once the steps completed, You can try to reinstall the SCE again.

Please let me know if you need other Technical and License Information on System Center Products in the future.

2008年6月20日 上午 09:33
  •  Jermaine Yan wrote:

Good.

Unfortunately when I delete, it replied me "Directory object not found"...

Or would it be useful if I directly delete the computer account of the old testing server?

Thanks!

You have to use ADSI Edit to delete it.

2008年6月20日 下午 12:21
  • You should install Windows Server Support Tools in order to use adsiedit.msc. The files is located in your CD\Support\Tools.

2008年6月20日 下午 01:25

所有回覆

•  

Please try to delete the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Operations Manager from registry and re-install.
    2008年6月19日 上午 08:52
  • Thanks Daniel!

But do you refer this key in our original testing server? The server I plan to install is newly setup which is clean. So the key you mentioned does not exist in the new server. For the old testing server, as it was down, I can't access and uninstall from that old testing server.

I tried to checked from the domain server, the system center agent was uninstalled and I couldn't find the key related to SCE or Operations Manager too.

So what can I do?

Thanks a lot!!

Daniel Lai wrote:

Please try to delete the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Operations Manager from registry and re-install.
    2008年6月19日 上午 10:27
  •  

Go to your AD, using advance feature and see if there have any "System Management" Container. If there have any, using ADSIedit to delete it.
    2008年6月19日 下午 02:59
  • Sorry for the misunderstanding,

Can you provide the error message to me?

And i can try to follow up with the SCE Team. Thanks.

2008年6月20日 上午 02:19
  • Thanks Jacky & Daniel!

I found a group in the AD namely "SCE Managed Computers (STHLHK7_MG)", the "STHLHK7" is our old testing server name. Does it affect the installation?

Anyway, the error message I received is:

"Essentials is already installed in this domain. Essentials can only be installed in a domain that does not have an exiting Essentials installation. Please consult the documentation for more information."

Thank a lot for you guys help!!

2008年6月20日 上午 09:28
  •  

This happens if the SCE Service Connection Point (SCP) exists in Active Directory.  This is created during setup and is located under the computer account that SCE was installed on....the SCP should be removed when the product is uninstalled.  To remove the SCE SCP manually, you must use ADSIEdit, which is installed with the Windows Support Tools.

1. On the Domain Controller, open ADSI Edit (Start – Run – Adsiedit.msc).

2. Right click on the “Domain” tree and select New – Query.

3. In the New Query window, enter the following:

Name: SCESCP Query
    Root of Search: <domain name>
    Query String: (&(objectCategory=serviceConnectionPoint)(cn=SCESCP))

4. Click on OK.

5. Expand the Domain node in ADSI Edit and select the “SCESCP Query” node.

6. A “CN=SCESCP” object should be listed in the right-hand pane, with a distinguished name of “CN=SCESCP,CN=<ComputerName>,CN=<OUName>,DC=<DomainName>,DC=com”.  This tells us which computer account has the SCE SCP.

7. After confirming that System Center Essentials is not being used on this server, delete the SCESCP object from the “SCESCP Query” node in ADSI Edit.

Once the steps completed, You can try to reinstall the SCE again.

Please let me know if you need other Technical and License Information on System Center Products in the future.

2008年6月20日 上午 09:33
  • Good.

Or would it be useful if I directly delete the computer account of the old testing server?

Thanks!

2008年6月20日 上午 10:20
  •  Jermaine Yan wrote:

Good.

Thanks!

You have to use ADSI Edit to delete it.

2008年6月20日 下午 12:21
  • You should install Windows Server Support Tools in order to use adsiedit.msc. The files is located in your CD\Support\Tools.

2008年6月20日 下午 01:25
  • Any Update about it? is it success?

2008年6月28日 上午 04:25
  • Just had time to try again yesterday.

I used to delete the object from the query, so that unsuccessful. I based on the query result to find out the object, then I could remove it successfully.

Seems everything goes fine again.

Thansk a lot!!

2008年6月28日 上午 04:32
  • Upon I successfully re-installed the SCE again, it seems that it could not discover the devices in the domain. I even tried to discover the devices one by one manually and still unsuccessful.

Will there be anything hidden in the registry of the client machines?

Anything I can check?

Thanks!!!

2008年7月7日 下午 04:32
  •  Jermaine Yan wrote:

Upon I successfully re-installed the SCE again, it seems that it could not discover the devices in the domain. I even tried to discover the devices one by one manually and still unsuccessful.

Will there be anything hidden in the registry of the client machines?

Anything I can check?

Thanks!!!

1) Is the Agent still installed on the Managed Computers?

2) Can you try to install the agent on one of the managed computer manually?

I want to ensure that the SCE Server and the Agent are working or not first.

If it works, that's mean we can focus on the Active Directory/RPC Port issue. 

2008年7月8日 上午 01:52
  •  Daniel Lai wrote:

1) Is the Agent still installed on the Managed Computers?

2) Can you try to install the agent on one of the managed computer manually?

I want to ensure that the SCE Server and the Agent are working or not first.

If it works, that's mean we can focus on the Active Directory/RPC Port issue. 

Yes, the Agent is still installed on the managed computers. I try to uninstall the Agent in one of the managed computer but still not discovered.

Maybe I'll try to manually uninstall and re-install the Agent manually on sereval more computers to check the result first.

Thanks !

2008年7月8日 上午 01:59
  • After I uninstalled and reinstalled the agents from several PCs, the SCE seems working fine now. It can successfully discover the machines in the domain.

2008年7月9日 上午 06:23
  • After the SCE running for a while, I found that some of the computers' software and hardware can be detected, but some cannot. How can I fix this?

Thanks!

2008年8月4日 上午 03:18