none
Windows Defender RRS feed

• 問題

• Dear Sir,

Can I install Windows Defender and Exchange 2003 together in Windows 2003 Server? Thanks.

Edmond
    2009年3月31日 上午 02:12

解答

• Hi Edmond,

It doesn’t appear problem. However, I suggest that excluding Exchange-related directory for scan.

• Exchange databases and log files. 

• Exchange .mta files (default location: \Exchsrvr\Mtadata). 

• Exchange message tracking log files (default location: \Exchsrvr\Server_Name.log). 

• Virtual server folders (default location: \Exchsrvr\Mailroot). 

• Site Replication Service (SRS) files (default location: \Exchsrvr\Srsdata). 

• Internet Information Service (IIS) system files (default location: \%SystemRoot%\System32\Inetsrv). 

• Internet Mail Connector files (default location: \Exchsrvr\IMCData). 

• The working folder that is used to store streaming temporary files that are used for message conversion. By default, this working folder is located at \Exchsrvr\MDBData.

• A temporary folder that is used in conjunction with offline maintenance utilities such as Eseutil.exe. By default, this folder is the location that you run the .exe files from, but you can configure this when you run the utility.

Regards,

Rock Wang

Rock Wang– MSFT
    2009年4月1日 上午 02:18
    版主

所有回覆

• Hi Edmond,

Windows Defender is included with all versions of Windows Vista and is available to download for genuine copies of Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later, or Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 or later.

So you install Windows Defender on your Exchange server 2003. Windows Defender no longer supports Windows 2000 as it went out of mainstream support in June 2005.

For more information about Windows Defender, please refer to the following articles:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=435BFCE7-DA2B-4A6A-AFA4-F7F14E605A0D&displaylang=en

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/defender/default.mspx

How to obtain Windows Defender
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892279/en-us

Regards,
    Rock Wang
    Rock Wang– MSFT
    2009年3月31日 上午 06:53
    版主
  • Dear Sir,

My question is if I install Windows Defender and Exchange Server 2003 in Windows Server 2003, this action will appear problem or not?

Edmond.
    2009年3月31日 上午 09:33
  • Hi Edmond,

It doesn’t appear problem. However, I suggest that excluding Exchange-related directory for scan.

• Exchange databases and log files. 

• Exchange .mta files (default location: \Exchsrvr\Mtadata). 

• Exchange message tracking log files (default location: \Exchsrvr\Server_Name.log). 

• Virtual server folders (default location: \Exchsrvr\Mailroot). 

• Site Replication Service (SRS) files (default location: \Exchsrvr\Srsdata). 

• Internet Information Service (IIS) system files (default location: \%SystemRoot%\System32\Inetsrv). 

• Internet Mail Connector files (default location: \Exchsrvr\IMCData). 

• The working folder that is used to store streaming temporary files that are used for message conversion. By default, this working folder is located at \Exchsrvr\MDBData.

• A temporary folder that is used in conjunction with offline maintenance utilities such as Eseutil.exe. By default, this folder is the location that you run the .exe files from, but you can configure this when you run the utility.

Regards,

Rock Wang

Rock Wang– MSFT
    2009年4月1日 上午 02:18
    版主