Problem on "No symbols are loaded for any call stack frame. The source code cannot be displayed" RRS feed

• 問題

• Hi

i am implementing a Windows application, which is used to process data by connecting to database and work on data manlipuation.

I am not sure why I have received the follow error message
    No symbols are loaded for any call stack frame. The source code cannot be displayed

<<The CLR has been unable to transition from COM context 0x1b7260 to COM context 0x1b73d0 for 60 seconds. The thread that owns the destination context/apartment is most likely either doing a non pumping wait or processing a very long running operation without pumping Windows messages. This situation generally has a negative performance impact and may even lead to the application becoming non responsive or memory usage accumulating continually over time. To avoid this problem, all single threaded apartment (STA) threads should use pumping wait primitives (such as CoWaitForMultipleHandles) and routinely pump messages during long running operations.>>

i have read some articles about how to solve that problem

E.g. http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=126134&SiteID=1

The links that used for downloading the symbol does not work.

I would be grateful if you could give me some help to resolve that problem.

Many thanks

Chi
    2008年4月1日 下午 03:08

解答

• Hello Chi,

Sorry for delay, due to weekend.

I received your email. The error which you received is caused by contextSwitchDeadlock. The contextSwitchDeadlock managed debugging assistant (MDA) is activated when a deadlock is detected during an attempted COM context transition. 

You can disable this feature in Debug|Exception. Please clear the checkbox follows ContextSwitchDeadlock.

Hope this helps,

Wen Yuan

2008年4月14日 下午 12:02

所有回覆

• Hello Chi,

what code you are debugging on? Managed code or Unmanaged code?

This error message means VS IDE cannot found related source code for your application.

Do you have source code for your application?

Best regards,
    Wen Yuan

2008年4月2日 上午 10:54
  • Hi Wen Yuan

Thanks for your reply, I am debugging on Visual Studio 2005 Standard Edition and I am implementing a Window Application in VB. I do not understand what is mean by Managed code or Unmanaged Code. I think I have the source code and I only use the .Net framework 2, and I have created some helper classes to solve the problem. E.g. Systen.Data.SqlClient is one of the namespace I use.

Could you give me some advice on anything i could check on my Visual Studio that may be able to fix that problem.

Many thanks

Chi
    2008年4月3日 上午 10:29
  • Hello Chi,

Thanks for your reply.

What I means by Managed code is .net application such as C#,VB.net or C++.net.

Unmanaged code is native application such as c++ or VB.

Actually, I haven't understood your issue completely so far. Is it possible for you to send me a screen-shotting of the issue? My email address is v-wywang@microsoft.com. Thanks.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Wen Yuan

2008年4月7日 下午 12:34
  • Hi Wen Yuan

Thanks for your information. I am using VB.Net code, so it would be a Managed code then.
    I will try to do a screen shot for the issue. I will email you as soon as I have the same problem again.

Many thanks

Chi
    2008年4月8日 上午 09:02
  • Hi Wen Yuan

I have emailed you the screen shot of my problem.

Please let me know if you have received it.

Many thanks

Chi
    2008年4月14日 上午 07:24
  • Hello Chi,

Sorry for delay, due to weekend.

I received your email. The error which you received is caused by contextSwitchDeadlock. The contextSwitchDeadlock managed debugging assistant (MDA) is activated when a deadlock is detected during an attempted COM context transition. 

You can disable this feature in Debug|Exception. Please clear the checkbox follows ContextSwitchDeadlock.

Hope this helps,

Wen Yuan

2008年4月14日 下午 12:02
  • Hi Wen Yuan

Thakns very much for the information. It works ok now. I will let you know if I have more problem.

Many thanks

Chi
    2008年4月14日 下午 12:24