TCPIP Windows system error event id: 4199 RRS feed

• 問題

• hi,

I encountered the problem of

The system detected an address conflict for IP address 10.3..202.59 with the system having network hardware address

00:B0:00:E3:71:02. Network operation on this system may be disrupted as a result.

source :TCPIP    Event ID : 4199

Please instruct how to result this problem. Any software that enable me to resolve the abovesaid mentioned problem

automatically.

2008年5月14日 上午 02:25

解答

• Dear Customer,

I replied your issue in another thread, please have a check.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,

Tom Zhang

2008年5月26日 上午 08:08
    版主
  • Dear Customer,

Thank you for your post.

Based on my research, this issue can occur if you once enabled the binding for the Network Monitor driver on the systems. If so, please try to re-enabled it to test the situation. Also, please try to remove Network Monitor from the nodes to test the situation. You may refer to the following article for more related information:

258609.KB.EN-US WLBS Cluster Appears to Stop Servicing Clients

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;258609

I am looking forward to your reply.

Thanks & Regards,

Tom Zhang, MCSE 2003

2008年5月30日 上午 06:56
    版主

所有回覆

• Dear Customer,

Based on my experience, when you receive the duplicate IP address error the event 4199 error should be recorded with the IP address and the problematic computer MAC address. You will need to find the computer with the specific MAC address. If there is a router or switch in your network, this is usually the most central place to gather that type of information. For example, on a Cisco router, the command is "show arp" will give you a listing of the MAC addresses and their corresponding IP address.

After you locate conflicting device, please check whether the IP address is static. If so, you can perform one of the following options to resolve this conflict:

-  Convert the network device with the static IP address to a DHCP client. -or-

-  On the DHCP server, exclude the static IP address from the DHCP scope.

To exclude the static IP address from the DHCP scope:

1. Turn off the DHCP client computer in conflict with the network device that has the static IP address. 

2. On the DHCP server, exclude the static IP address from the scope of the DHCP IP address range. 

3. Restart the DHCP client computer. 

Meanwhile, you can perform the following steps to enable DHCP conflict detection so that the DHCP server will attempt conflict detection for an IP address before the server leases the address to a client.

1. Open the DHCP snap-in.

2. Right click your server item, and click Properties.

3. In the Advanced tab, set the "conflict detection attempts" option to 3.

4. Click OK.

5. Run the following command to release and renew IP address on a problematic client:

Ipconfig /release all

Ipconfig /renew

If anything is unclear, please feel free to let me know. I am glad to be of assistance.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,
    Tom Zhang

2008年5月14日 上午 09:40
    版主
  • For this question

The system detected an address conflict for IP address 10.3..202.59 with the system having network hardware address

00:B0:00:E3:71:02. Network operation on this system may be disrupted as a result.

Well, here to clarify and confirmed we do not have DHCP server and all the client workstations plugin with

static IP. What is the solution then?

Should we need to remove 10.33.202.59 at DNS or else?

We have only a cisco catayst 3500 thereof. This is what the situation we encountered here.

Many thanks

Please instruct!

2008年5月17日 上午 04:33
  •  

For this question

Well, here to clarify and confirmed we do not have DHCP server and all the client workstations plugin with

static IP. What is the solution then?

Should we need to remove 10.33.202.59 at DNS or else?

We have only a cisco catayst 3500 thereof. This is what the situation we encountered here.

Many thanks

Please instruct!

2008年5月21日 下午 01:22
  • Dear Customer,

I replied your issue in another thread, please have a check.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,

Tom Zhang

2008年5月26日 上午 08:08
    版主
  • Dear Customer,

Thank you for your post.

Based on my research, this issue can occur if you once enabled the binding for the Network Monitor driver on the systems. If so, please try to re-enabled it to test the situation. Also, please try to remove Network Monitor from the nodes to test the situation. You may refer to the following article for more related information:

258609.KB.EN-US WLBS Cluster Appears to Stop Servicing Clients

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;258609

I am looking forward to your reply.

Thanks & Regards,

Tom Zhang, MCSE 2003

2008年5月30日 上午 06:56
    版主
  • Dear Customer,

Have you solved your problem yet? If anything unclear, please feel free to ask me.

Thanks.

Tom Zhang

2008年6月2日 上午 06:53
    版主