Subject: Windows 2000 Server License Problem RRS feed

• 問題

• 現時環境只有兩部Windows 2000 Server, 一部為Domain Controller , 另一部是Member Server. 本人將Menber Server Join Domain , 但之後DC 的Event Viewer 出現 : "The product Windows Server is out of licenses. Use License Manager from the Administrative Tools folder for more information on which users are out of compliance and how many licenses should be purchased. " 接著我發現因為member server 有大量local account 而導致此問題,我立即將member server 甩domain.再delete 所有無用的local account.再到dc 的 licensing , 將membar server 的local account delete and revoke. 但過了數天,event viewer又再出現警告,到dc 的 licensing再看 , 已經delete & revoke了的member server local account 又再出現...但member並沒有再join domain , 又沒有另一部bdc , 請提供解決方法
    2008年4月16日 上午 08:36

解答

• Dear Customer,

Thanks for posting here!

Based on the symptoms, it sounds like you may have a permissions issue in this case. What permissions are defined on %systemroot%\system32\lls?

Also, I suggest that you reset the license manager information:

1.Stop the License Logging service.

2.Delete or rename the following files on the primary domain controller or the enterprise server:

3.Cpl.cfg, which contains all of your purchase history and is located in %Systemroot%\System32.

4.Llsuser.lls, which contains the user information on number of connections and is located in %Systemroot%\Lls.

5.Llsmap.lls, which contains License group information and is also located in %Systemroot%\Lls.

6.Restart the License Logging service.

7.Re-add the appropriate license information.

If you have further questions or other related information, please feel free to let me know.

Sincerely,

Tom Zhang, MCSE 2003

2008年4月17日 上午 07:28
    版主

所有回覆

• Dear Customer,

Thanks for posting here!

Based on the symptoms, it sounds like you may have a permissions issue in this case. What permissions are defined on %systemroot%\system32\lls?

Also, I suggest that you reset the license manager information:

1.Stop the License Logging service.

2.Delete or rename the following files on the primary domain controller or the enterprise server:

3.Cpl.cfg, which contains all of your purchase history and is located in %Systemroot%\System32.

4.Llsuser.lls, which contains the user information on number of connections and is located in %Systemroot%\Lls.

5.Llsmap.lls, which contains License group information and is also located in %Systemroot%\Lls.

6.Restart the License Logging service.

If you have further questions or other related information, please feel free to let me know.

Sincerely,

Tom Zhang, MCSE 2003

2008年4月17日 上午 07:28
    版主
  •  

I need to add it by manual or it will re-add automatically?

2008年4月18日 上午 04:02
  • Dear Customer,

Thanks for your reply.

Based on my further research, I think it will re-add automatically.

I look forward to your reply. Also, if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Sincerely,

Tom Zhang, MCSE 2003

2008年4月22日 上午 10:39
    版主