Cannot Install new printer Driver for Windows Server 2000 RRS feed

• 問題

• Dear all,

I cannot install any new priner Driver for Windows server 2000.It prompts "Printer driver was not installed. Operation could not be completed" I found this problem on Google and someone suggest to reinstall sp2.cap and driver.cab

Is this correct to reinstall these two files. If so, how to do it. Or could u suggest some other method. I have download the driver for windows 2000 server. And I cannot add any new printer driver. Please help. Thanks.

2009年1月14日 上午 09:27

解答

• Dear Customer,

Based on my research since receiving your post, here I provide some suggestions to resolve this issue:

Suggestion 1: Scan the computer
    ================
    1. Access http://onecare.live.com/site/zh-cn/default.htm.
    2. Select Scanning.
    3. Let the scan finish to repair any damaged registry entries and remove any malicous software.

Suggestion 2: Check the printer is USB 2.0 or 3.0
    ================
    First please check the USB printer is USB 2.0 or 3.0. Apart from that, please check if the motherboard supports USB 2.0 or 3.0

Suggestion 3: Clean boot
    ================
    1. Click Start, click Run, type "msconfig" (without the quotation marks) in the Open box, and then click OK.
    2. In the Startup tab, click the "Disable All" button.
    3. In the Services tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" checkbox, and then click the "Disable All" button.
    4. Click OK and restart your computer.

Please test this issue in the Clean Boot environment, if the issue disappears in the Clean Boot environment, we can use a 50/50 approach to quickly narrow down which entry is causing the issue.

If there are any concerns and questions on the above, please feel free to let me know.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely

Tom Zhang

2009年1月15日 上午 02:34
    版主
  • For some reason, if you have bad sector in SP2.cab or driver.cab, the installation of printer driver could not be process. So you could try a chkdsk first, and then reinstall SP2.can or driver.cab(same as your vendor ask you to do) will fix the problem.

If you still could not install the drriver after the above actions, please try to follow what TOM Zhang said. If still cannot install, please try to connect the printer to other Win2k server machine and install the driver, by using this, just make sure your printer is working perparly. Please come back to us and tell us your result.

2009年1月16日 上午 03:06

所有回覆

• What is your Windows Server version? May be you can tried to install a services pack/reinstall a services pack.

2009年1月14日 下午 02:38
  • Hi, hon123456,

What is the model for your printer?  You are going to install on Windows 2K or in a termianl server environment?

Thanks.

2009年1月14日 下午 04:49
  • Dear Customer,

Based on my research since receiving your post, here I provide some suggestions to resolve this issue:

Suggestion 1: Scan the computer
    ================
    1. Access http://onecare.live.com/site/zh-cn/default.htm.
    2. Select Scanning.
    3. Let the scan finish to repair any damaged registry entries and remove any malicous software.

Suggestion 2: Check the printer is USB 2.0 or 3.0
    ================
    First please check the USB printer is USB 2.0 or 3.0. Apart from that, please check if the motherboard supports USB 2.0 or 3.0

Suggestion 3: Clean boot
    ================
    1. Click Start, click Run, type "msconfig" (without the quotation marks) in the Open box, and then click OK.
    2. In the Startup tab, click the "Disable All" button.
    3. In the Services tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" checkbox, and then click the "Disable All" button.
    4. Click OK and restart your computer.

Please test this issue in the Clean Boot environment, if the issue disappears in the Clean Boot environment, we can use a 50/50 approach to quickly narrow down which entry is causing the issue.

If there are any concerns and questions on the above, please feel free to let me know.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely

Tom Zhang

2009年1月15日 上午 02:34
    版主
  • For some reason, if you have bad sector in SP2.cab or driver.cab, the installation of printer driver could not be process. So you could try a chkdsk first, and then reinstall SP2.can or driver.cab(same as your vendor ask you to do) will fix the problem.

If you still could not install the drriver after the above actions, please try to follow what TOM Zhang said. If still cannot install, please try to connect the printer to other Win2k server machine and install the driver, by using this, just make sure your printer is working perparly. Please come back to us and tell us your result.

2009年1月16日 上午 03:06
  • Sorry, my question now is how to install sp2.cab and driver.cab? Is it means just reinstall service pack 2?

thanks

2009年1月16日 上午 03:18
  • Dear Customer,

Have you test my suggestion? If anything unclear, please feel free to ask me.

Thanks.

Tom Zhang

2009年1月27日 上午 10:32
    版主