Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise - Could not access by remote desktop RRS feed

• 問題

• 我的公司, 是如套裝形式購買Server, 當時使用使用Server時, 是用Remote Desktop Session Host 來建立Remote Desktop Service, 但現在啟用時, 出現以下Error:
    The RD Licensing grace period has expired and the service has not registered with a license server with installed licenses. A RD Licensing server is required for continuous operation. A Remote Desktop Session Host server can operate without a license server for 120 days after initial start up.

然後我便安裝Remote Desktop Licensing, 輸入公司資料後, 當我Activite 時: 系統詢問選擇 License Program, 當我選擇 License Pack (Retail Purchase), 及輸入安裝windows 2008個phsyical key時, 出現以下error:
    The license code is not recognized. Ensure that you have entered the correct license code.

請問: 我只是想, 以Administrator身份, 使用Remote Desktop到Server進行簡單的設定, 並不是執行Terminal Service. 本人應該作什麼設定?

2012年1月3日 上午 08:17

解答

所有回覆

• Hi,

According to the description, the warring message is indicating your license server has expired. Have you activated the License Server or you only use the temporary license to server the RD host server?

Activating the Remote Desktop License Server

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd983951(WS.10).aspx

Thanks.

如果您对我们的论坛在线支持服务有任何的意见或建议,请通过邮件告诉我们。
    Description: Description: TechNet 论坛好帮手立刻免费下载  TechNet 论坛好帮手

2012年1月4日 上午 09:09
    版主
  • Yes, I was use the temporary license to server the RD host server.

And as my remember, Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise license have a right to use Remote Desktop, which is different than RDS Cals. Is it?

I'm on "Install Licenses Wizard" steps already, but no ideas to select the License Program again.

2012年1月4日 上午 11:06
  • Hi Spectec_Kit,

The Remote Desktop Session Host is a server that provide desktop session to user and let them working (using MS Office, 3rd parties app, etc.) on Windows Server 2008 R2. And this is required to purchase addition RDS License. 

The license covered in Windows 2008 R2 retail box that is include Server Licence & # of CALs. But you still can access the server remote by enable to remote desktop (no need install RDS Host Role) on Windows 2008 R2 and that's only limited to perform administration task. If you want to have a full function desktop, please purchase addition license for RDS host and refer to the link that Tom provided to activate the RDS license. 

Best Regards,

Eric

2012年1月5日 下午 01:35
  • Hello Eric,

I'm not totally understand the different between full function or administration task function. I want to use Remote Desktop to connect the computer which like PCanywhere, teamviewer, etc..

Is it need purchase the addition license or not?

Regards,

Kit

2012年1月6日 上午 07:43
  • Hi Spectec_Kit,

If you want to perform day-to-day administration task, you can just enable the Remote Desktop from Server Manager and don't have to purchase additional license (maximum of two concurrent users). It will allow you to work like other third party remote administration solution.

To understand more between remote administration mode and application mode, please refer the below link:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverTS/thread/a5309d53-a705-428d-90a0-33d452f736db/

Regards,

Eric

2012年1月7日 下午 05:37
  • Hello, Eric.

I think my question may not clearly. Let me ask it a simple:
    I use the Remote Desktop Connection in Client Computer, and Remote to Windows Server 2008 R2.
    The Alert is "The remote session was disconnected because there are no Terminal Server License available to provide a license."

How can i active the Remote Desktop administration task function?
    Thanks.

Regards,

Kit

2012年1月10日 上午 03:12
  • Hi Kit,

Just remove all Remote Desktop Service roles that installed from the Server Manager under Server Role. Thanks 

Best Regards,

Eric

2012年1月11日 下午 02:55
  • Thanks so much. It's solved.
    2012年1月12日 上午 03:23