Licenses problem with Terminal server and clients RRS feed

• 問題

• Dear Engineers,

I had install Windows Server 2003 Chinese on a computer, which I had setup terminal server and register.   I don't know why I had connect to the terminal server from my client computer is OK but it haven't display any user or client name in the "Terminal Server Licensing - 終端機伺服器授權", does it mean ok or not?

P.S. I had uninstall and reinstall Terminal Server and Terminal License Server.

Many thanks

To
    2008年5月2日 下午 03:05

解答

• Dear Customer,

Thank you for your posting.

To uninstall Terminal Server, please do the following: go to Control Panel, Add/Remove programs, and click Add or Remove Windows Components. Find and clear the check beside "Terminal Server". Click OK and restart your computer when prompted to do so.

To enable Remote Desktop management, right click My Computer and click Properties. Click the Remote tab, put a check beside "allow users to connect remotely to this computer". Click Select Remote Users and add the users that you want to have permissions to do Remote Desktop. Click OK.

Note: by default administrator users are already added to Remote Desktop Users.

After uninstalling terminal server, you should not get any licensing errors.

II. If you would like to setup a terminal server application server, you will need to install Terminal Server Licensing in a Windows server 2003 computer (if you have domain, it is recommended that you install the Licensing server on your domain controller). See the following articles:

823313 Windows Server 2003 Terminal Server Licensing Issues and Requirements

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=823313

You can also refer to Terminal Services FAQ for more information:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/centers/terminal/terminal_faq.mspx

Hope this helps! Anything unclear, please don''t hesitate to let us know.

Let me know how this works out and the results of the suggested tasks listed above.

I look forward to your reply.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Tom Zhang, MCSE 2003

2008年5月5日 上午 10:27
    版主

所有回覆

• Dear Customer,

Thank you for your posting.

To uninstall Terminal Server, please do the following: go to Control Panel, Add/Remove programs, and click Add or Remove Windows Components. Find and clear the check beside "Terminal Server". Click OK and restart your computer when prompted to do so.

To enable Remote Desktop management, right click My Computer and click Properties. Click the Remote tab, put a check beside "allow users to connect remotely to this computer". Click Select Remote Users and add the users that you want to have permissions to do Remote Desktop. Click OK.

Note: by default administrator users are already added to Remote Desktop Users.

After uninstalling terminal server, you should not get any licensing errors.

II. If you would like to setup a terminal server application server, you will need to install Terminal Server Licensing in a Windows server 2003 computer (if you have domain, it is recommended that you install the Licensing server on your domain controller). See the following articles:

823313 Windows Server 2003 Terminal Server Licensing Issues and Requirements

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=823313

You can also refer to Terminal Services FAQ for more information:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/centers/terminal/terminal_faq.mspx

Hope this helps! Anything unclear, please don''t hesitate to let us know.

Let me know how this works out and the results of the suggested tasks listed above.

I look forward to your reply.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Tom Zhang, MCSE 2003

2008年5月5日 上午 10:27
    版主
  • Dear Customer,

I just wanted to say hi, and to see how things are going. I haven't heard back from you yet and I was wondering if there are any updates on the service request.

Thanks.

Sincerely,
    Tom Zhang

2008年5月8日 上午 01:42
    版主