none
Multi-language in InstallShield 2008 might cause failed un-installation RRS feed

• 問題

• I have been using InstallShield 2008 Premier Edition Version 14, and using the standard tool of ‘DPINST.exe’ and ‘DEVCON.exe’ to make the SETUP program.

Recently, I found the multi-language might influence the un-installation process when I used the function FeatureRemoveAll(). And it only happened on Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit. The error message showed as below.

The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exits and that you can access it.

C:\Windos\Installer\I6cfbb.msi

However, upon leaving only English in the InstallShield 2008 and rebuilding the setup program, it seems the setup program was running fine.

Does there anybody experience the same issue with the multi-language come with standard function call of FeatureRemoveAll()?

It was strange that it was running fine when I removed all languages except English.

The following are the successful and failure cases:

Case 1: OK case on Windows XP/Vista 32-bit/64-bit

1. Install the setup program stored on a USB or a CD.

2. Remove the USB or CD after finishing the installation.

3. Reboot the PC.

4. Remove the driver package from Control Panel. (You can install the device or no device installed.)

Case 2: failure case on Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit

3. Reboot the PC.

4. Remove the driver package from Control Panel. (You can install the device or no device installed.)

5. You will get the error message as below.

The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exits and that you can access it.

C:\Windos\Installer\I6cfbb.msi

6. You might need to execute the processes (from the step 1 to step 4) twice or more than twice in order to get the error if you do not get the error above at the first time.

Case 3: OK case on Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit when leave English language in the InstallShiled 2008

3. Reboot the PC.

2009年9月13日 上午 09:14