Grant "Change User Permission" right on 2003 Server RRS feed

• 問題

• Dear Sir,

I want to grant the change user permission right to a user such as Tony, so that he can change the user permission on that folder. I added Tony to the NTFS permission of that folder, and grant the full control access right to him for this folder.

After that, Tony login to the domain and found that he cannot click the "New" button at the NTFS permission of that folder. The "New" button is dimmed. When he selects other user from the list of NTFS permission of that folder, ALL the checkbox are dimmed. Tony cannot change the user permission for this folder.

How could I find out and fix the problem?

Thank you very much for your help!    

2008年9月30日 上午 03:15

解答

• Dear Customer,

As I understand, the issue you are experiencing is: You want to configure proper permission to the folder. If I have misunderstood your concern, please let me know.

To do that, please perform the following steps:
    1. On the file server, right click the shared folder and select properties.
    2. On the sharing tab, add the user you want to configure and grant it full controller permission.
    3. On the security tab, add the user and make sure the user has Read & Execute, List Folder Contents, Read permission.
    4. Click Advanced button. On the permissions tab, make sure the "Allow inheritable permissions from the parent to propagate to this object and all child objects.
    5. Click add button and add the user. Click edit button. Select Files only in the "apply onto" drop down list. Check all the allow check box except the Full Control and Take Ownership permission. Click OK.

After the configuration, the users will be able to create, modify and delete folders.

If anything is unclear, please feel free to let me know.

Sincerely

Tom Zhang

2008年10月1日 上午 06:00
    版主

所有回覆

• Dear Customer,

As I understand, the issue you are experiencing is: You want to configure proper permission to the folder. If I have misunderstood your concern, please let me know.

To do that, please perform the following steps:
    1. On the file server, right click the shared folder and select properties.
    2. On the sharing tab, add the user you want to configure and grant it full controller permission.
    3. On the security tab, add the user and make sure the user has Read & Execute, List Folder Contents, Read permission.
    4. Click Advanced button. On the permissions tab, make sure the "Allow inheritable permissions from the parent to propagate to this object and all child objects.
    5. Click add button and add the user. Click edit button. Select Files only in the "apply onto" drop down list. Check all the allow check box except the Full Control and Take Ownership permission. Click OK.

After the configuration, the users will be able to create, modify and delete folders.

If anything is unclear, please feel free to let me know.

Sincerely

Tom Zhang

2008年10月1日 上午 06:00
    版主
  • Dear Customer,

I just wanted to say hi, and to see how things are going. I haven't heard back from you yet and I was wondering if there are any updates on the service request.

Thanks.

2008年10月2日 上午 09:39
    版主
  • Dear Tom,

I have the same problem to grant the changing folder right for a domain user.  I know it work as you said if I grant a special user as Domain admin.  But which I do not want.

Is there any right I can grant him? beside Domain admin.  BTW  I am using server 2008.

Thanks for you help in advance. 

Franco
    2009年9月25日 上午 12:10