Lost Domain Administrator Password RRS feed

• 問題

• Hello,

I've an old PC which is installed a W2003 Server for a few years. I forgot the both local and domain administrator password. How can I recall them?

Please advise,
    Lawrence
    2009年3月18日 上午 09:20

解答

• Dear Customer,

Based on my research, if you have not other administrator account, there is no Microsoft recommended way to reset the administrative passwords when you are unable to logon to systems. You have to reinstall the operating system.

Hope the above information helps. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know. I am happy to be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Tom Zhang

Tom Zhang – MSFT
    2009年3月19日 上午 09:41
    版主

所有回覆

• You only have one Local and domain Administrator? Do you have other Account with Local or Domain Administrator right?

If yes, you can logon with that account, and reset password by opening Computer Management for Local Administrator and by opening ADUC for Domain Administrator.

If not, sorry, please reinstall the server. 
    大家一齊探討、學習和研究,謝謝! Microsoft MVP, Microsoft Community Star(TW & HK), MCT, MCSD, MCAD, MCSE+I, MCDBA, MCDST, MCSA, MCTS, MCITP
    2009年3月19日 上午 05:34
  • Dear Customer,

Based on my research, if you have not other administrator account, there is no Microsoft recommended way to reset the administrative passwords when you are unable to logon to systems. You have to reinstall the operating system.

Hope the above information helps. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to let me know. I am happy to be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Tom Zhang

Tom Zhang – MSFT
    2009年3月19日 上午 09:41
    版主
  • Hello,

For the Domain Admin account, i havne't any offical support method to reset password when you are unable to logon to system. However, if your machines isn't domain controller, we can using Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack to reset the Local admin account password. Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack can generate the ERD with locksmiths prog to reset the local admin password.
    2009年3月24日 上午 01:48
  •  The problem has been solved, thanks!
    2009年3月24日 上午 04:45
  • Some workable solutions for recover domain password:

1. Recover domain password with script.

• 1. Create a WinPE boot disk.
    • 2. Boot Windows server from WinPE boot disk.
    • 3. Create a password hack script.
    • 4. Edit windows registry offline to make script run when windows server start up.
    • 5. Reboot windows server and login with administrator account.
    • 6. Reset the password of other account with administrator account.

2. Recover domain password with domain recover password tool. As I know, Windows Password Rescuer  and Spower Windows Password tool work fine with windows server domain password.

Or you can search to find more domain password tool.

Forgot windows Password

Windows Password Reset disk

2012年1月21日 下午 04:08