Exchange 2007 OWA Check Name Problem RRS feed

• 問題

• At the first the Exchange version is 5.5 then migrate to Exchange 2003 and then migrate to Exchange 2007.

When all the mailbox have moved to Exchange 07 then I start to remove the Exchange 03 but it have error when I remove it so I have manual removed the Exchange 03. Look like everything is find after the migration....

But...I find out that when I try to use the OWA to create a new mail I type the simple name at the "TO" tab and then click "CHECK NAME" button will display a list for me choose address. After choose and send out the email will come up NDR,

I have try type the full address at the "TO" tab to send out without any problem and also If I click the "TO" button and open the address book to choose the recipient and then send out also without any problem. Please suggest how to fix the problem.

Thanks

Below is the Error.

Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:

eric shum
    The recipient's e-mail address was not found in the recipient's e-mail system. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please check the e-mail address and try resending this message, or provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.

Sent by Microsoft Exchange Server 2007

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: scmex02.WORKGROUP.LOCAL

IMCEAEX-_O=SOUTH+20CHINA+3F+20Media_ou=scmedia_cn=Recipients_cn=erics@scmedia.com.hk
    #550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ##

Original message headers:

Received: from scmex02.WORKGROUP.LOCAL ([10.0.0.104]) by
     scmex02.WORKGROUP.LOCAL ([10.0.0.104]) with mapi; Mon, 29 Dec 2008 10:59:51
     +0800
    Content-Type: application/ms-tnef; name="winmail.dat"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
    To: eric shum
    	<IMCEAEX-_O=SOUTH+20CHINA+3F+20Media_ou=scmedia_cn=Recipients_cn=erics@scmedia.com.hk>
    Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 10:59:50 +0800
    Subject: test
    Thread-Topic: test
    Thread-Index: AQHJaWGDBQxzoO4aqk2J3t60RsDK9A==
    Message-ID: <515DAC83BC26B14C93C00E6D94005C7CB5552E85@scmex02.WORKGROUP.LOCAL>
    Accept-Language: en-US
    Content-Language: en-US
    X-MS-Has-Attach:
    X-MS-TNEF-Correlator: <515DAC83BC26B14C93C00E6D94005C7CB5552E85@scmex02.WORKGROUP.LOCAL>
    MIME-Version: 1.0

2009年1月16日 上午 09:01

解答

•  

Dear customer:

Did you upgrade to Exchange server 2007 SP1 and install Update Rollup 5 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1?

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=953467

if not, please upgrade to the latest SP and update rollup, restart Exchange server and check the effect.

If the issue still persists, please send your Exchange Organization’s name to v-rocwan@microsoft.com for further analyze.

Also, open EMC and navigate to toolbox, and open EXBPA, select options for a new scan, input AD server name, click connect AD, enter a label for this scan, and select health check, click start scan, when the scan finished, save the report as .xml file and send it me.

Note: when you send e-mail to me, please let me know the URL of your post.

Rock Wang - MSFT

2009年1月23日 上午 03:00

所有回覆

•  

Dear customer:

An NDR "#550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound;" is generated when an email is sent out using OWA Premium and the following conditions are true:

- The Exchange Organization name has multiple words in the name

- There are more than one spaces in between these words

- We use OWA Premium and use the ANR cache to pick up the recipient.

The Problem however does not occur when using OWA Basic or Outlook.

Please double check whether you meet the above conditions.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Rock Wang - MSFT

2009年1月19日 上午 01:49
  • Hi,

I believe that the receipient policy in 2007 still recognizing the Exchange 2003 as the default updater. The users get wrong address mapping in the receipent policy and make this error.

Please try to check if the receipient policy, in every rule it create automatically, check if there have any pointing to the old Exchange 2003 server, you may need to manually change those record to this 2007 server if there have any.

Alternatively, you can regenerate the receipient rule base on customization.

Jacky

2009年1月20日 下午 01:47
  • I have try in OWA Basic really don't have the problem...but If I meet this two conditions

-Exchange Organization name has multiple words in the name

-There are more than one spaces in between these words

then how to slove the problem ?

Thanks

Samual

2009年1月22日 上午 01:19
  •  

Dear customer:

Did you upgrade to Exchange server 2007 SP1 and install Update Rollup 5 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1?

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=953467

if not, please upgrade to the latest SP and update rollup, restart Exchange server and check the effect.

If the issue still persists, please send your Exchange Organization’s name to v-rocwan@microsoft.com for further analyze.

Also, open EMC and navigate to toolbox, and open EXBPA, select options for a new scan, input AD server name, click connect AD, enter a label for this scan, and select health check, click start scan, when the scan finished, save the report as .xml file and send it me.

Note: when you send e-mail to me, please let me know the URL of your post.

Rock Wang - MSFT

2009年1月23日 上午 03:00
  •  

Dear Samual,

Based on my research, the issue will be fixed until Exchange Server 2007 SP1 update Rollup 8 release.

Exchange 2007 SP1 Update Rollup 8 hasn't been released and the scheduled release date is: 5/2009.

Please wait for a period of time , thanks!

Regards,

Rock Wang - MSFT

2009年2月17日 上午 10:01