none
Https / SSL RRS feed

• 問題

• Hi,

I am a developer to code a web site that needs https/SSL for some web pages such as login, money transfer, etc...

How can i do that in IIS 6.0? I am using VS2005 as my development tool. Thanks.

Also, i have no e-cert at the moment. Can i generate one for my development purpose? If yes, how?

How to let the IIS know that a particular page requires SSL while others don't? Where to define this kind of information?

Thanks.

B.Rgds,

Ms Developer

2008年4月11日 上午 07:01

所有回覆

• Hi,

I've more than one website in my server. Then, may i use one single e-Cert to serve all those websites? If yes, what should be the "common name" that i should input during the e-cert request process? Thanks.

B.Rgds,

Ms Developer

2008年4月14日 上午 03:08
  • Hi

<<I've more than one website in my server. Then, may i use one single e-Cert to serve all those websites?>>
    Are they under the domain?
    like.

abc.yourdomain.com
    example.yourdomain.com?

If so you can apply for a wild card SSL and the common name you use would be the domain name. E.g. "*.yourdomain.com"

Please correct me if I mis-understood the issue.

Many thanks

Chi
    2008年4月15日 上午 07:33
  • Yes you can generate your own certiifcate for development purpose, what you need is Certification Authority service of Windows Server, and IIS Admin console.

Before all, I am recommending you check out this MS support page to understand how IIS can leverage SSL certificate, and how you can request/import and certificate: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/WindowsServer2003/Library/IIS/559bb9d5-0515-4397-83e0-c403c5ed86fe.mspx?mfr=true

By the way, after you have follow the above URL and requested/imported the digital certificate, you can right click on an arbitary path within the website, and select the Directory Security tab, you can then assign whether user wil connect through SSL, or SSL is optional.

2008年5月7日 下午 04:00