How to disable Reply all button in OWA 2003 RRS feed

• 問題

• Dear sir,

How to disable Reply all button in OWA 2003. We have disable the button in Outlook 2003 by using of office group policy and applied it on domain GPO

Best,
    Andrew
    2008年10月31日 上午 03:03

解答

• Dear customer:

You can disable reply all option in Outlook 2003 by group policy. Please note the reply all option will still be available using OWA and this cannot be disabled.

The method that is provided by Raymond is not supported by Microsoft.

Please let me know the root cause why you want to disable the option, maybe I can give you more information.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Rock Wang - MSFT

2008年11月3日 上午 02:45

所有回覆

• It seems not possible.

2008年10月31日 下午 03:26
  • I think there is no official way to do it.... But for unofficialunsupported and not recommended way, you can modify several DLLs to make that work (I managed to do so in one of my previous project).

2008年10月31日 下午 04:03
  • Hi Raymond,

Would you mind share your knowledge with me, thanks in advance!

Best,
    Andrew
    2008年11月3日 上午 02:08
  • I don't think it is appropriate to discuss the entire method in details here.  However, the general idea is:

The OWA web interface is generated based on a set of templates in one of the DLL installed by Exchange Server setup program.  The templates are written in HTML + Javascript and embedded as resources storing the DLL.  In order to manipulate the UI behavior of OWA, you can

1. backup the DLL;

2. modify the corresponding resources in that DLL, e.g. add HTML elements, customize the javascript, hide or disable UI components, etc.;

3. replace the original DLL by the modified one;

4. restart the Exchange Server

However, modifying the system files will lose any supporting from official (and I don't think it is officially legal to do so).  Hence, no matter whether the feature is/isn't a must-have requirement, I highly recommend not to do so.
    2008年11月3日 上午 02:25
  • Hi Raymond,

Thank you for your reply. Since our Regional CEO request us to do so, we have to find out some way to make it happen.... Anyway, we will quote your word, and see whether he still want to make it.

Best,
    Andrew
    2008年11月3日 上午 02:41
  • Dear customer:

You can disable reply all option in Outlook 2003 by group policy. Please note the reply all option will still be available using OWA and this cannot be disabled.

The method that is provided by Raymond is not supported by Microsoft.

Please let me know the root cause why you want to disable the option, maybe I can give you more information.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Rock Wang - MSFT

2008年11月3日 上午 02:45
  • Hi Rock,

Our Regional CEO request IT department to disable reply all on outlook and OWA, in order to prevent from any abuse to use on this function and any potential risk. e.g. reply sensitive information to irrelevant parties on the to/cc list from the original email.

Best,
    Andrew
    2008年11月3日 上午 03:48
  •  

Dear customer:

Sorry, it is unable to achieve your goal. In addition, even you disable reply all button, a user can still send e-mail to other people by manually input e-mail address.

Rock Wang - MSFT

2008年11月7日 上午 03:20