What is the different between Different Language of VS2008? (Except the interface) RRS feed

• 問題

• Hi

I am about to download Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition. When I go to the Download page, it provide several different language. The english version is only 894MB but the Chinese-Tradional one is over 3GB.

If sometime I need to develope Chinese Windows application, Is there any benefit for me to download Chinese-Tradional Edition? Because it is a Chinese-Tradional Edition does it mean it support chinese a lot better than the English Edition?
    Or they are the some, the only different is the Documentation and Interface?

Thanks in advance.
    2008年6月13日 上午 08:45

解答

• hm....After you told, I also try to see the download size, and found out that it is really 3Gb in T.Chinese.

Because of the Documentation install file is about 2.5Gb, I guess may be the T.Chinese combines VS Express and Documentation within single install.

2008年6月19日 上午 01:53

所有回覆

• hm....After you told, I also try to see the download size, and found out that it is really 3Gb in T.Chinese.

Because of the Documentation install file is about 2.5Gb, I guess may be the T.Chinese combines VS Express and Documentation within single install.

2008年6月19日 上午 01:53
  • Hi Ken

Thanks for your information, I finally downloaded both of them last night, which takes me quite a long time. I tried to install the Chinese edition first and it has a component which is call .net 3.5 Framework something Chinese-Tradition edition...etc. I gues it take up some space. I have not installed the Documentation as it is a bit too big for my computer.

After installed the Chinese-Traditional Edition if you install the English Edition, the interface will change to chinese as well. If you want to use English Edition you have to un-install the chinese edition and it will automatically change it back to normal. Both of the edition support Chinese character, the make different is about the Interface, and Documentation.

Thanks for your help
    2008年6月19日 上午 07:37