lsass in Windows 2000 cause CPU overload RRS feed

• 問題

• Can anyone help me to solve the case that my windows 2000 server shared 5 printers (network printers will static IP) to all network users.

Users frequently complaint the printers working slowly and found that "lsass.exe" occupied almost 100% of CPU loading.

Thx very much.
    2008年10月9日 上午 08:59

解答

• Dear Customer,

To troubleshoot this issue, I suggest you perform a clean boot on the Server:

A Clean Boot will allow us to isolate any device drivers or programs that are loading at startup that may be causing a conflict with other device drivers or programs that are installed in your computer.

A. Click Start, click Run, type "msconfig" (without the quotation marks) and click OK.
    B. Select "Selective Startup" and remove the check box for "Load Startup Items".
    C. On the "Services" tab, click Enable All.
    D. Check "Hide all Microsoft Services", click Disable All and clear "Hide all Microsoft Services".
    E. Click the OK button and then Click Yes to restart your computer.

In addition, will this problem occur in a fixed time? When the issue occurred, is there any scheduled task or third party application running (for example, backup and antivirus)?

Hope the above info helps.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,

Tom Zhang, MCSE 2003

2008年10月10日 上午 09:39
    版主
  • Dear Customer,

Based on my research, As far as the Threadstateheapsize, the recommendation would be to add UseLowFragHeap regdword value 1 to HKLM\System\CCS\Control\LSA. I don't find any other recommendation for the threadstateheapsize setting but do see that recommendation for the UseLowFragHeap as a workaround in both 842382 and 884591.

If anything is unclear, please feel free to let me know. I'm looking forward to your reply.

Have a nice day.

Sincerely

Tom Zhang, MCSE 2003

2008年10月30日 上午 10:24
    版主

所有回覆

• Dear Customer,

To troubleshoot this issue, I suggest you perform a clean boot on the Server:

A Clean Boot will allow us to isolate any device drivers or programs that are loading at startup that may be causing a conflict with other device drivers or programs that are installed in your computer.

A. Click Start, click Run, type "msconfig" (without the quotation marks) and click OK.
    B. Select "Selective Startup" and remove the check box for "Load Startup Items".
    C. On the "Services" tab, click Enable All.
    D. Check "Hide all Microsoft Services", click Disable All and clear "Hide all Microsoft Services".
    E. Click the OK button and then Click Yes to restart your computer.

In addition, will this problem occur in a fixed time? When the issue occurred, is there any scheduled task or third party application running (for example, backup and antivirus)?

Hope the above info helps.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,

Tom Zhang, MCSE 2003

2008年10月10日 上午 09:39
    版主
  • Dear Customer,

I just wanted to say hi, and to see how things are going. I haven't heard back from you yet and I was wondering if there are any updates on the service request.

Thanks.

Sincerely

Tom Zhang

2008年10月14日 上午 01:36
    版主
  • Dear Tom,

Thanks for your helping.  I'd finally download 2 hotfix from microsoft web site. (816542 & 835561)

I'm planning to apply them to our server by tomorrow morning.  However, I am not sure about one of the registry item setting:

ThreadStateHeapSize

What should I set if our server got only 512Mb RAM and 40Mb free space on C drive?

Please give me advice that by what calculation I can do to set this parameter.

Thanks very much.

Regards,

Fred Au
    2008年10月14日 上午 09:34
  • Dear Customer,

Based on my research, As far as the Threadstateheapsize, the recommendation would be to add UseLowFragHeap regdword value 1 to HKLM\System\CCS\Control\LSA. I don't find any other recommendation for the threadstateheapsize setting but do see that recommendation for the UseLowFragHeap as a workaround in both 842382 and 884591.

If anything is unclear, please feel free to let me know. I'm looking forward to your reply.

Have a nice day.

Sincerely

Tom Zhang, MCSE 2003

2008年10月30日 上午 10:24
    版主
  • Dear Tom,

Thanks for you info.  I just type in 512Mb for the size.  It seemed to return normal now.

Thanks very much again for you help.

Regards,

2008年11月3日 上午 04:20