sharepoint service problem after change the ip RRS feed

• 問題

•  

Dear SIr,

After I relocate and change the SBS 2003 server IP. I found that, some of the file still in the share point is still point to the old IP, how can I change the web application IP ( because I found the web application display name is still the old IP) or how to fix this problem.

I cannot connect to the <computer name>\#SSEE Database  and also cannot open the SQL configuration manager.

Thanks

Sammy Tong 

2008年4月18日 上午 08:06

解答

• Dear Customer,

Thanks for posting!

Based on my research, the links are only shown if the appropriate components are installed and published using CEICW. Please kindly check if these components are installed and published by using CEICW. If not, please re-run CEICW, and on the "Web Services Configuration" page, click "Allow access to only the following Web site services from the Internet",  click to select the check boxes of the services and of the Web sites that you want to make accessible from the Internet (i.e. Outlook Web Access, Remote Web Workplace, Outlook Mobile Access, Outlook via the Internet, Business Web site (wwwroot), etc.), and then follow the instruction to finish this wizard.

For example, 'View my company??s internal Web site', this link is shown if SharePoint is installed and published.

'Connect to my computer at work'

This link will only be displayed if there is at least one computer running Windows XP or above on the network.

'Connect to my company??s application-sharing server'

If there is an additional Terminal Server on the network running in Application Sharing Mode, and the logged on user is a member of the TS Application Sharing group.

'Connect my remote computer to the network'

This link will only be displayed if there is at least one computer running Windows XP or above on the network.

'Connect to Server Desktops'

This link is always shown on the Administrators Page unless the administrator manually alters the registry to turn it off.

'Monitor Help Desk'

If SharePoint is not installed or published, the link is hidden.

'View server performance report'

This link allows the administrator to view the latest Performance Server Status Report (SSR) in the same IE window.

'View server usage report'

This link allows the administrator to view the latest Usage Status Report in the same IE window.

III.  If the authenticated user is only a member of Web Workplace Users group but not the Administrators group, the user is presented with the Knowledge Worker Web Page. It contains a welcome message, a sign out link, and links to SharePoint, Outlook Web Access, Client Help, and Computer Desktop, and Terminal Server. It also has a link to download Connection Manager. If any of these features are not installed, the link will not be displayed.

The Administrator Web Page is shown to all users belonging to the Domain Admins group. All possible links, grouped into Administrative Tasks and Additional Links, are available to administrators from this page, except the server reports. These links are only available if you publish them using CEICW.

Furthermore, these links could also be controlled via registry key.

For normal Users

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SmallBusinessServer\RemoteUserPortal\KWLinks]

These are the default settings of the above key.

"AppTS"=dword:00000001

"TS"=dword:00000001

"Help"=dword:00000001

"OWA"=dword:00000001

"STS"=dword:00000001

"CM"=dword:00000001

"UsageReport"=dword:00000000

"RPC"=dword:00000001

Among them, "dword:00000000" indicates that link is hided while "dword:00000001" is set to display.

For admin

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SmallBusinessServer\RemoteUserPortal\AdminLinks]

Content:

"ServerTS"=dword:00000001

"ClientTS"=dword:00000001

"Community"=dword:00000001

"RA"=dword:00000001

"HelpDesk"=dword:00000001

"PerfReport"=dword:00000000

Hope this helps! Anything unclear, please don’t hesitate to let us know.

Sincerely,

Tom Zhang, MCSE 2003

2008年4月22日 上午 10:31
    版主

所有回覆

• Dear Customer,

Thanks for posting!

Based on my research, the links are only shown if the appropriate components are installed and published using CEICW. Please kindly check if these components are installed and published by using CEICW. If not, please re-run CEICW, and on the "Web Services Configuration" page, click "Allow access to only the following Web site services from the Internet",  click to select the check boxes of the services and of the Web sites that you want to make accessible from the Internet (i.e. Outlook Web Access, Remote Web Workplace, Outlook Mobile Access, Outlook via the Internet, Business Web site (wwwroot), etc.), and then follow the instruction to finish this wizard.

For example, 'View my company??s internal Web site', this link is shown if SharePoint is installed and published.

'Connect to my computer at work'

'Connect to my company??s application-sharing server'

If there is an additional Terminal Server on the network running in Application Sharing Mode, and the logged on user is a member of the TS Application Sharing group.

'Connect my remote computer to the network'

'Connect to Server Desktops'

This link is always shown on the Administrators Page unless the administrator manually alters the registry to turn it off.

'Monitor Help Desk'

If SharePoint is not installed or published, the link is hidden.

'View server performance report'

This link allows the administrator to view the latest Performance Server Status Report (SSR) in the same IE window.

'View server usage report'

This link allows the administrator to view the latest Usage Status Report in the same IE window.

III.  If the authenticated user is only a member of Web Workplace Users group but not the Administrators group, the user is presented with the Knowledge Worker Web Page. It contains a welcome message, a sign out link, and links to SharePoint, Outlook Web Access, Client Help, and Computer Desktop, and Terminal Server. It also has a link to download Connection Manager. If any of these features are not installed, the link will not be displayed.

The Administrator Web Page is shown to all users belonging to the Domain Admins group. All possible links, grouped into Administrative Tasks and Additional Links, are available to administrators from this page, except the server reports. These links are only available if you publish them using CEICW.

Furthermore, these links could also be controlled via registry key.

For normal Users

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SmallBusinessServer\RemoteUserPortal\KWLinks]

These are the default settings of the above key.

"AppTS"=dword:00000001

"TS"=dword:00000001

Among them, "dword:00000000" indicates that link is hided while "dword:00000001" is set to display.

For admin

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SmallBusinessServer\RemoteUserPortal\AdminLinks]

Content:

"ServerTS"=dword:00000001

"ClientTS"=dword:00000001

"Community"=dword:00000001

"RA"=dword:00000001

"HelpDesk"=dword:00000001

"PerfReport"=dword:00000000

Hope this helps! Anything unclear, please don’t hesitate to let us know.

Sincerely,

Tom Zhang, MCSE 2003

2008年4月22日 上午 10:31
    版主
  • Dear Customer,

Have you solved your problem yet? If anything unclear, please feel free to ask me.

Thanks.

Tom Zhang

2008年4月24日 上午 06:24
    版主