File Server Migration from Windows 2000 to Windows Storage Server 2003 RRS feed

• 問題

•  

I copy all the files and directories from windows 2000 server to a new shared folder of storage server 2003, and configure all user rights for directories in Property --> Security tab. But the user read the files only even they have write permission? Why?
    2008年4月7日 上午 05:23

解答

• Dear customer

I just wanted to say hi, and to see how things are going. I haven't heard back from you yet and I was wondering if there are any updates on the service request.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Tom Zhang

2008年4月10日 上午 08:37
    版主

所有回覆

• Dear Customer,

Thanks for your post.

When you copy a file in an NTFS file system volume or between two NTFS volumes, Windows treats it as a new file. As a result, the copied file will have the "Created Date" attribute as the date that you migrate files. However, other file attributes, such as "Modified Date", retain the original settings.

For more information about how to use the "xcopy" command to copy folder, please refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:

323007 HOW TO: Copy a Folder to Another Folder and Retain its Permissions

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=323007

If anything is unclear or you have any further concerns, please feel free to let me know. I am glad to be of assistance.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Tom Zhang, MCSE 2003

2008年4月8日 上午 03:21
    版主
  • Dear customer

I just wanted to say hi, and to see how things are going. I haven't heard back from you yet and I was wondering if there are any updates on the service request.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Tom Zhang

2008年4月10日 上午 08:37
    版主