Some Problem about Profile RRS feed

• 問題

• Dear Sir,

I am using windows 2003Server ,I have more than 1000 accounts, I set a public user profile name "teacher.man" which is use man profile. Our client site computer is using Windows XP , when a user login to the domain, first time ,they can successful login ,but they login in another time 1or 2 day later, they can not login because a sysem profile with "the user name" created in "C:\Documents and Settings"..therefore the user can not use the profile "teacher.man" ...but the status is that they is not login using the profile in "C:\Documents and Settings"...the error message just said now can not

login by using "teacher.man" .

I can solve this problem by delete the exit profile in  "C:\Documents and Settings" evertime.Then the user can login sucessfully.

Now i am checking  to  use domain policy or local policy to fixed this ,but still unsuccessfully, i hope everyone can give me a solution.thank you very much.

ERROR PICTURE

2008年10月28日 上午 01:45

解答

• Dear Customer,

Base on my experience, many system and service processes do work on behalf of users.  When the work is done the system or service process is responsible for releasing handles it has to the user profile hive.  If this is not done by the service as the user logs off the profile cannot be unloaded. It ends up with user logon with temp profile. It’s usually happen when some third-party software is installed. In this case, let’s do the following steps to troubleshoot:

Step One:

========

Please first make sure your AV software has excluded user roaming profile folder from scanning scope on your server.

Step Two:

========

I would like to introduce a tool called UPH cleanup to you. User Profile Hive Cleanup service helps to ensure user sessions are completely terminated when a user logs off. System processes and applications occasionally maintain connections to registry keys in the user profile after a user logs off. In those cases the user session is prevented from completely ending. Let’s do the following step to run this tool.

a. Please download it from the link below:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1b286e6d-8912-4e18-b570-42470e2f3582&displaylang=en&Hash=a2RIEbgwc7ctYcKhlbSc2XPXPpmbBhXgd6Q5WjUpBvd%2fhCzXnrvTpZEinvdqsn7S9yKz8ohuSlVjrBgs27BIeQ%3d%3d

b. Please install it on your problematic machine. After installation, please run it.

c. Please check the issue. If the issue persist, please run regedit, locate to the following registry

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\UPHClean\Parameters\REPORT_ONLY and set the value to 1.

Step Three:

=======

If the issue still exists, please gather the following information:

1).Please try clean boot on the problematic machine and test the issue again.

a. Click Start -> Run

b. Input msconfig and click OK.

c. Click Service Tab and check Hide all Microsoft Services and click Disable All.

d. Click Startup Tab and click Disable All.

e. Click OK and reboot the computer and test again.

I appreciate your time. I am happy to be of assistance to you and look forward to your reply.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely

Tom Zhang

2008年10月28日 上午 09:45
    版主

所有回覆

•  

I think you are implementing Roaming & Mandatory profile, and as what you described, you did miss some steps, please try the below method to create a new one:

Assumption:

Domain: msft.com

DC: dc1.msft.com

PC: pc1 (Join MSFT.com domain)

User: USERA (MSFT Domain user)

1. On PC1, login as local administrator or Domain administrator, remove USERA user profile. (Control Panel-->System-->Advanced-->User Profiles-->Settings), make sure USERA folder is no more under C:\Document and settings.

2. On PC1, login as USERA, Windows XP will generate a profile for USERA from default user. Configure printers, shortcut or whatever customization you want. Logoff USERA

3. On DC1, create a folder to save the profile, e.g., under D:\, create a folder 'profile', shared as profile$, $ share is hidden share, normally we don't want users to browse the profile. So the UNC path for this share folder will be \\DC1\profile$

4. On PC1, login as Domain administrator, go to Control Panel-->System-->Advanced-->User Profiles-->Settings, select USERA, then click "copy to", in the "copy to" screen, path will be \\DC1\profile$, permitted to use "Everyone", after copy, logoff administrator.

5. On DC1, login as Domain administrator, go to folder D:\profile, rename USESA.dat to USERA.man

6. On DC1, open Active Directory Users and Computers, change users properities settings, the profile path is \\DC1\profile$

Then you can try to login with any user account configure with this profile path, they should be login with Roaming & mandatory profile.

2008年10月28日 上午 07:46
  • First thank you for Ryan  replay

But I already do all the steps you mentioned.....

The main point is i can sucessfully login using the  mandatory profile in my DC

But in sometimes ..when a user have login a client pc(the pc have not contain this user's profile) ....a local profile will create in this local PC which profile(SUCH as the USERA profile in C:\Document and settings)...make the user can not login the domain afer 2 days or 3 days....i can solve this problem by delete this local user profile in local pc, then i can use the mandatory profile in my DC login this loacl pc.

I hope i can find a method that when the DC user login to client PC...the client pc will not create a profile in the loacal PC

(C:\Document and settings)........

Thanks for you help

2008年10月28日 上午 08:30
  • Dear Customer,

Base on my experience, many system and service processes do work on behalf of users.  When the work is done the system or service process is responsible for releasing handles it has to the user profile hive.  If this is not done by the service as the user logs off the profile cannot be unloaded. It ends up with user logon with temp profile. It’s usually happen when some third-party software is installed. In this case, let’s do the following steps to troubleshoot:

Step One:

========

Please first make sure your AV software has excluded user roaming profile folder from scanning scope on your server.

Step Two:

========

I would like to introduce a tool called UPH cleanup to you. User Profile Hive Cleanup service helps to ensure user sessions are completely terminated when a user logs off. System processes and applications occasionally maintain connections to registry keys in the user profile after a user logs off. In those cases the user session is prevented from completely ending. Let’s do the following step to run this tool.

a. Please download it from the link below:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1b286e6d-8912-4e18-b570-42470e2f3582&displaylang=en&Hash=a2RIEbgwc7ctYcKhlbSc2XPXPpmbBhXgd6Q5WjUpBvd%2fhCzXnrvTpZEinvdqsn7S9yKz8ohuSlVjrBgs27BIeQ%3d%3d

b. Please install it on your problematic machine. After installation, please run it.

c. Please check the issue. If the issue persist, please run regedit, locate to the following registry

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\UPHClean\Parameters\REPORT_ONLY and set the value to 1.

Step Three:

=======

If the issue still exists, please gather the following information:

1).Please try clean boot on the problematic machine and test the issue again.

a. Click Start -> Run

b. Input msconfig and click OK.

c. Click Service Tab and check Hide all Microsoft Services and click Disable All.

d. Click Startup Tab and click Disable All.

e. Click OK and reboot the computer and test again.

I appreciate your time. I am happy to be of assistance to you and look forward to your reply.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely

Tom Zhang

2008年10月28日 上午 09:45
    版主
  • First thank you for Tom Zhang reply

Now i have installed  User Profile Hive Cleanup service  in my client PC...i need to do a test for few days.

Thank you very much

2008年10月29日 上午 01:21