none
Workflow - append a space

Question

• I have created a new field on our contact form and I want to insert the text values from three existing fields into this new field. Using workflow we SET the new field value to the FIELD 1 value and then APPEND WITH Field 2 and APPEND WITH Field 3. That works fine but how do I insert a space between each of the field values so that the result is FIELD 1(SPACE)FIELD 2(SPACE)FIELD 3

I've tried APPEND WITH (Space) but this seems to be ignored

Friday, October 21, 2011 9:36 PM

All replies

• Would setting the new field in one workflow step to Field 1(space)Field 2(space)Field 3 work for you?

I'm guessing that you are doing this in three steps at the moment. There is no need to do this. You can set the new field to contain the values of the three other fields in one go.

Or have I missed the point here?

Friday, October 21, 2011 10:27 PM
  • Yes, that would work, but how do i get the space between each field please
    Friday, October 21, 2011 11:09 PM
  • In the field that you are setting, use the form assistant and dynamic values to append the first field, then type a space, use the dynamic values to append the second field etc. In the screenshot below, there is a space between each of the dynamics values.

Monday, October 24, 2011 9:48 PM
  • Hello,

I do have the same problem and the solution above does not work with CRM Online.

Every time I place the [space] between the two field, it is gone after saving this workflow step.

Does anyone has the same problem or an other solution for CRM online?

Regards Ferdinand

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 5:51 PM
  • Hello,

I do have the same problem and the solution above does not work with CRM Online.

Every time I place the [space] between the two field, it is gone after saving this workflow step.

Does anyone has the same problem or an other solution for CRM online?

Regards Ferdinand

Hi Ferdinand,
    Some months ago I created a custom workflow activity that generate whitespace, you can download it as managed solution from codeplex:

https://crm2011whitespace.codeplex.com/

My blog: www.crmanswers.net

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 7:51 PM
  • Hi Guido,

back from holydays I've tried to solve my problem using your managed solution from codeplex. But I'm sorry, I'm unable to do so.

How can I get in use of the whitespaces? Can I use them while customizing my workflow or do I have to develop a JS to use the whitespaces from your plugin? Sorry, but I'm not a developer :-(

Regards Ferdinand

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 2:52 PM
  • Hi Ferdinand,
    after you install the solution you will have a custom activity inside the workflow menu:

after you selected you are in this situation:

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 3:34 PM
  • when you are inside the form editor (where you need to select the value) you need to use the custom activity as this image:

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 3:35 PM
  • GREAT! Now it works fine!

Thanks a lot!

Ferdinand

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 3:59 PM